One of the ways I have been very stylish over the years, ( and not to sound vain, at all ….. I have been told this by others) is DOING WHAT I REMEMBER as pertaining to anything FLY & Fresh. From a very young age I have loved glamour and Fashion, so as I grew up I have rocked everything and all the things I could remember I thought was FLY & FRESH! I never give in to whats “IN” I give into to what has always been” IN TOO ME!”….. Now I am not knocking anyone for wanting the must haves for now..BUT really all you really need to do is update and go to some staples in your closet….PICK OUT an outfit made of staples and think of an era and bring in accessories, Hair styles, and Makeup Trend of THAT ERA to create a LOOK (very important! you can do any makeup style you want in that era even UPDATED & current for now!) just make sure the look is cohesive, and if you are a fashionista you will already know this and will choose very wisely!If not you are learning the rules of fashion don’t be afraid to have some hit and misses, it’s ok everyone has! It’s the mistakes that can be tweaked to BRILLIANT! That’s what makes fashion what it is today! so GO FOR IT…as long as it is something you can remember to from that era to be FLY, Beautiful, and fashion BEST DRESSED to you, you will not go wrong and you will be well on your way to hearing YOU, are stylish and chic, and always FLY….and if you hear that now ( YOU will keep hearing it !) lol just kidding! but really !
pay attention to all the caps statements(or words in this entry from top to bottom and say them to yourself slow… cause they are the words to tell yourself as you get ready and as you walk away from the mirror!)
P.S. An outfit trend I think we should really bring back is FRINGE, to try to update a 1920’s inspired Flapper LOOK, Try to find a cute Fringe top, Pair it with a pair of cute Black or Color of choice skinny tailored Slacks, or Jeans , Grab your Christian Lubo. Fringe boots in BLACK or color of choice, Add A strand Of med sized pearls, Pearl earing, and for my girls who have long hair, try A faux BOB( by using hair pins to create a updo that looks like a short playful bob, and for my Med length hair girls try Full BODY finger wave, and to my short hair girls try a sleek chic, gel slick smooth down with finishing spray to set the sleekness and add a shine for that instant Vamp look!
- New Releases from Emo-tions (acquisitive.wordpress.com)
- Viktor & Rolf Autumn/Winter 2011: Designers Make A Makeup Statement (PHOTOS, POLL) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Fashionista (lynthelazy.wordpress.com)
- Fashion Icons: Blake Lively and Olivia Palermo (hills2city.wordpress.com)
- Then there’s the other side of “stylishness” (akagringita.wordpress.com)
- 16 Animal Motif Accessories Under $30 [PHOTOS] (hellobeautiful.com)
- Carlos Luna Couture F/W11 Fashion Show- Part I (sassncurlz.com)
- The Purpose of Fashion (enabalista.wordpress.com)
- Beauty Secrets From Clinique (wdok.radio.com)
- Zapporah Yisrael | Springing Forward (commonsinceless.wordpress.com)
- STAPLE…. the very foundation your wardrobe stands on…. (fshnvhall.wordpress.com)